FAQ Android & Firmware
You entered the "recovery mode"
- You entered the recovery mode by pressing a button combination while you wanted to boot the control unit.
- To exit the recovery mode you have to scoll down to the last line by pressing the "VOLUME +" button.
- After that press the "VOLUME -" button to boot the control unit.
You entered the "factory mode" (chinese letters on black screen)
- You entered the factory mode by pressing a button combination while you wanted to boot the control unit.
- To exit the factory mode you have to scoll down to the last line by pressing the "VOLUME -" button.
- After that press the "POWER" button to boot the control unit.
You have forgotten your password or unlock pattern
If you can not unlock your control unit because you can no longer remember your password or unlock pattern, you must reset the control unit to continue using it. All personal data on the control unit will be deleted. The control unit is reset to its factory state.
Proceed as follows:
- Turn the control unit off.
- Press the "POWER" and "VOLUME -" buttons simultaneously.
- When the Omnium1 logo appears, release both buttons.
- You will now see a screen with Chinese characters.
- Move the focus to the third last line by pressing the "VOLUME -" button (清除 eMMC)
- Confirm with the "POWER" button
- The control unit now deletes all data and restarts.
Screen freeze or control unit not responding
- As Omnium1 2.0 is running on Android system, screen freezing or not responding can have multiple causes. Always observe whether this is a consistent or intermittent phenomenon and under which situation/condition it appears. A defined failure description will be helpful for effective troubleshooting.
- To unfreeze the screen, insert a pin into the reset pin nozzle and apply gentle pressure. The control unit will reboot. Restart the application and observe for any further issue.
System time and date is inaccurate
this occurs normally due to a system reset or a flat battery pack, whereas the control unit may reset the system date/time to its default settings. Go to Settings -> System -> Date & Time to set the correct time and time zone. If you are logged on to W-IFI, you may turn on the Automatic Time Setting options to let the system automatically synchronize the date/time with the respective internet servers (only works in countries where Google servers are accessible)
How to check the current firmware version
- Tab on SETTINGS
- Scroll down and tab on ABOUT TABLET
- Check date under KERNEL VERSION
How to perform a factory reset
You can clean up the entire configuration, all created accounts and customization information you have made on the Omnium1 2.0 by doing a factory data reset.
Go to Settings -> Reset options
Choose Reset all data (factory reset)
Please note that all your data will be erased and cannot be recovered unless you made a backup copy.
Click the “Reset Tablet” button